ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is coming to Newport on Tuesday, September 19th with a special outdoor event on held throughout the house and extensive grounds of Rosecliff.
Applications for tickets will be accepted through July 31, 2017. Ticket winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 7, 2017. All tickets will be distributed electronically to each winner’s ticket application email address in advance of the event. You must have tickets to enter the event. Tickets will not be available on the day of event.
Park & Ride
You must have an ANTIQUES ROADSHOW Newport event ticket to park. Parking is free and located off-site at Chateau-sur-Mer, 474 Bellevue Avenue, Newport. You must park here to attend the event*. A shuttle service will take you to and from the event at Rosecliff. Due to the shuttle size (door opening 30″) we advise bringing items that you can carry and transport within the shuttle space.
Any ticket holder arriving at Rosecliff will be redirected to park at Chateau-sur-Mer. We cannot accommodate item or guest drop-off at Rosecliff.
*Handicapped parking is available at Rosecliff but for handicapped parking, you must still check-in at the main parking lot at Chateau-sur-Mer prior to driving to Rosecliff.
If you haven’t already, APPLY FOR TICKETS NOW. Applications open through July 31, 2017.
What You Need to Know
- You must have a ticket to enter the event (and to park).
- Each ticket holder may bring two items (and must bring at least one item). Please keep in mind you will need to carry your items during your visit, as dollies and carts are not permitted at this event.
- We do not prescreen ticket holders’ items and cannot suggest which items ticket holders should choose to bring.
- Please do not arrive at the Chateau-sur-Mer parking lot more than 30 minutes before the entrance time on your ticket.
- Please remember to either print your ticket at home or have it available on your mobile device.
Appraisal Items & Appraisers
- You must be able to carry your item throughout the event.
- Please be prepared for steps, and grass and gravel surfaces.
- Dollies and carts are not permitted at this event.
- We cannot provide assistance with carrying your items.
- Appraisers will be located inside the historic house and in tents outside.
- If you contact a ROADSHOW appraiser in advance regarding the item(s) you plan to bring to the event, the item(s) will not be considered for taping.
- Vehicles, stamps, stock certificates, paper currency, coins, bicycles, tools, fossils, glass fire extinguishers, explosives or hazardous materials cannot be appraised.
- If you plan to bring an antique or vintage firearm for appraisal, please read important information in our FAQ.
- You’re welcome to bring a painting, but please keep in mind your wait might be shorter if you bring a different item for appraisal.
- This is a rain-or-shine event. There will be no rainchecks; the venue has indoor and tented outdoor appraisal areas.
- Plan appropriately for all types of weather — remember to bring your sunscreen and hat for sun, and raincoat and umbrella for rain.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and sturdy footwear.
- Accessible restrooms are available both outdoors and inside the mansion.
- The mansion has partial wheelchair accessibility and operates a small wheel chair lift inside the main entrance.
- If you or your guest has difficulty standing for long periods of time, please bring a small, lightweight portable chair.
- Be prepared for steps, and grass and gravel surfaces.
- Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at the event.
- The fun continues at the exit, where you can stop and visit our valued sponsors and collect information about our appraisers.
- Please say hello to your local PBS stations, WGBH and Rhode Island PBS, who will be located near the refreshment tent.