1 – Big Daddy Award and Pre-Parade Party at Hibernian Hall (Friday – 6pm)
• Honoring IHOP Restaurant owners, Bill & Karen Cardinal
• Entertainment will include Irish musicians Fishing with Finnegan, Mystic Highland bagpipe band, and a DJ
• This is a free event with Hors d’oeuvres and a Cash Bar
• Hibernian Hall, Newport
• Doors open at 6:00pm. Information: (401) 846-5081.
2 – Movie Night at Hotel Viking (Paddington) – (Friday 7pm)
Friday movie night at Kay Chapel starts at 7pm (doors open at 6:30pm). Free valet parking, free movie and popcorn. Pre-movie Dinner Specials: free children’s entrée with each purchased adult entrée.
3 – Live music with Zan Ricky at Hotel Viking’s One Bellevue (Friday 7 – 11pm) NO COVER
4 – Reggae Friday’s at Tavern on Broadway with Roots Reaction (Friday 10pm) NO COVER
5 – Mass in Honor of St. Patrick at St. Joseph’s Church (9am)
• St. Joseph’s Church, Broadway & Mann Avenue, Newport. 9:00am.
• In memory of deceased members of the Newport Irish Heritage Association.
6 – Traditional Irish Breakfast at Tavern on Broadway (Saturday 9am)
Parade Day pre-game at The Tavern. No cover all day!
7 – Warehouse Sale at Clock Tower Square (Saturday 10am – 5pm)
Deborah Winthrop Lingerie, Stalise, Groovy Gator and Wilson Art & Frame are having a HUGE SALE!!! Prices slashed 50-70%!! Racks as low as $10
8 – 60th Annual Parade in Honor of St. Patrick (Saturday 11am)
• Parade Grand Marshals: Bill and Karen Cardinal
• Dedicated to the memory of the late AOH Brother Patrick Loftus.
• The parade steps off from City Hall on Broadway promptly at 11:00am. It continues via Washington Square, Thames Street, and Carroll Avenue to St. Augustin’s Church.
9 – The O’Tooles at Tavern on Broadway [Irish Punk Band] (Saturday 1pm) NO COVER
10 – The Ravers at Jimmy’s Saloon (Saturday 2pm) $10
11 – Live music with Paul Caraher at Hotel Viking’s One Bellevue (Saturday 7 – 11pm) NO COVER
12 – Live Music With Steve Cerilli and Art Manchester at Clarke Cooke House (Saturday 10pm) NO COVER
13 – Brunch
- Brunch at Tavern on Broadway (10am – 2pm) The price of your entree includes a bloody, a mimosa or the drink of your choice!!!
14 – Mass in Honor of St. Patrick at St. Mary’s Church (Sunday 11am)
• St. Mary’s Church, Spring Street & Memorial Boulevard, Newport. 11:00am
• The Mass is in memory of deceased AOH and Lady AOH members and the victims of the great Famine.
• Church built 1848 – 1852 by Irish-American Architect Patrick Keeley and dedicated to Mary, ‘Our Lady of the Isle’.