The Martin Luther Kind Center has set up a number of ways for the Aquidneck Island Community to help the Arroyo-Morales family as they deal with the grief and the healing after the Labor Day fire that claimed the life of 7-year-old Ramon and left his sister, 14-year-old Leilaney, critically ill and fighting for her life at Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
Please help in any way you can!
via the MLK Center
MLK ACCEPTING DONATIONS FOR ARROYO-MORALES FAMILY. Most of you are aware of the terrible fire in Middletown on Monday, Sept. 5th. 7 year old Ramon Arroyo died from injuries sustained during the fire. Two sisters were injured in the fire:16 year old sister Cheyanne was treated and released from Newport Hospital. 14 year old Leilaney is critically ill at Hasbro Children’s Hospital.
The tragedy has hit very close to home as the Arroyo-Morales family has a long relationship with the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center. Over the years, all six children participated in MLK Center preschool, afterschool or summer camp.
Ramon Arroyo was a student in summer camp this year. His infectious dimpled grin and kind and cheerful nature made him beloved by staff and campers alike. Ramon’s oldest sister Olga Morales is on staff in our afterschool and summer camp programs.
We are devastated.
Everything the family owns was destroyed in the fire. The family lacks adequate resources to cope with a disaster of this magnitude.
Please, Ramon’s family needs your help now. The MLK Community Center is accepting and distributing donations to the family.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
• Donations of cash, gift cards, clothing and household goods are being accepted at the MLK Community Center Mon – Fri 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Address: 20 Dr. Marcus F. Wheatland Blvd.
Newport RI 02840
• Please make checks payable to Ramon’s mother,Banghy Morales. (Do not makes checks payable to the MLK Center.)
• Gift cards in any amount are needed to help the family replace possessions lost in the fire.
Suggested gift cards:
Food: Stop & Shop or Shaw’s
Clothing: Old Navy, Famous Footwear, Payless, Marshalls, TJ Maxx
Household Goods: Walmart, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Christmas Tree Shops, CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens
• EVERY gift of cash, gift cards, clothing or household goods will go directly to the Arroyo/Morales family.
• The MLK Community Center will deliver all donations directly to the family. No fees will be deducted from your gift; 100% of your generosity will help the Arroyo/Morales family.
• Because the MLK Center is only facilitating and distributing donations, your gifts are not tax deductible.
We live in an incredibly caring community. Thank you in advance for helping this local family. Please help us spread the word and share this message widely.
For more info, please reach out to:
Heather Hole Strout, Assistant Director
email@example.com or 401.846.4828 x 121
Alyson Novick, Director of Development
firstname.lastname@example.org or 401.846.4828 x 102