Newport International Boat Show 2012 – Fact Sheet
NEWPORT INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW 2012
Where can Newport Boat Show tickets be purchased and how much are they?
• Newport Boat Show tickets are available online at www.newportboatshow.com or by calling (401) 846-1600 x3.
• Thursday-VIP Day: Adult One-Day Advance tickets are $27; tickets are $30 on the day of the event.
• Friday, Saturday or Sunday: Adult One-Day Advance tickets are $15 through Sept 13th only, tickets are $18 on Sept 14th, 15th, & 16th.
• VIP Two-Day Package: $33 through Sept 12th; $42 on Sept 13th (This package includes a ticket for VIP Day and second day of your choice).
• NIBS Two-Day Package: $21 through Sept 13th; $26 on Sept 14th and 15th.
• Children under 12 are free; must be accompanied by an adult.
Where can I park for the Newport International Boat Show and how much is parking?
• Remote parking is available at Easton’s Beach, located at 175 Memorial Blvd, Newport. Parking is $15 per vehicle and continuous shuttle service to and from the boat show site (approximately 1 mile) is available complimentary with the parking spot. The parking lot and the shuttle service run 8am to 8pm daily. The shuttles pick-up/drop-off at the Red Parrot Restaurant “turn around” area. *Shuttle buses are handicapped accessible.
How can I access the Newport Boat Show via water?
• Water Shuttle service is available from The Newport Brokerage Show at the Newport Shipyard, located at 1 Washington Street, Newport. Contact the Newport Shipyard directly at (401) 846-6000 for more details.
• The Jamestown/Newport Ferry is offering a Boat Show Express Service to and from Jamestown. The ferry departs from Conanicut Marina dock in Jamestown and drops off at the Boat Show. The cost is $18, round-trip and there is all day parking available uptown on Narragansett Avenue, between the fire station and the blinking light. The ferry departs Jamestown every hour, from 9am to 6pm on Thursday & Friday and from 10am to 5pm on Saturday & Sunday; departs the Boat Show dock every hour, from 9:30am to 6:30pm on Thursday & Friday and from 10:30pm to 5:30pm on Saturday & Sunday. Contact the Conanicut Marina office at (401) 423-9900 for more details.
What are the details and highlights of the Boat Show?
• Show Hours: 10am to 6pm Thursday Sept 13th – Saturday Sept 15th and 10am to 5pm on Sunday Sept 16th.
• Food and beverage (including alcohol) booths will be available throughout the event area. Credit Cards are accepted at most food and beverage locations.
• 750 manufacturers, reps and dealers – both domestic and international – will be showcasing and selling their products and services; four sites covering over 13 acres.
• 600 Boats In-Water (both Power & Sail), small sail-craft to 85′ Cruisers, Downeast-Style Boat display
• On Saturday, Sept. 15th, join others with your same passion for boating, along with the exhibitors and industry folks, for a great evening of refreshments and fun at the Cruisers Party. To attend, you must be inside the show gates on Saturday by 6:00 PM – no additional ticket needed. The party ends at 8pm.
• Welcome To The Water is offering In-water hands-on training series, featuring 1/1.5 hour clinics or more extensive 3 hour seminars in both power boating and sailing. Go to www.newportboatshow.com for more details and to register.
• Discover Boating is offering complimentary sails to attendees. Guests experience the basics of sailing.
• The Newport for New Products program features new models of boats & boating products that have never been seen before in the USA. Booths and in-water exhibits with new products will have red & blue balloons on them.
• Complimentary classroom style Educational Seminars are being offered in Lot A.
• The FREE area of the show is the Bowen’s Wharf land displays, which feature Hinckley Boats and other Down-east style boats.
• NFNP Peoples Choice Award. Attendees vote on Thursday only for their favorite boat or product by filling out the ballot and dropping off at show office by 6pm on Thursday. Automatically entered to win a new i-pad and i-store $50 credit. Peoples Choice announced Friday at Awards Breakfast and winner of the contest to be notified via email Friday September 21st.
Are there any special discounts?
• On Friday, September 14, 2012 the new magazine, Nautical Rhode Island is sponsoring half price admission for Newport County residents and Military (active or retired). Must show proof of Newport County residency with driver’s license or other picture ID, and/or military ID to receive discount.
• Amtrak Monthly Pass holders are able to purchase tickets at ½ price, valid every day. Must present monthly pass to receive discount.
*Information subject to change; please visit www.newportboatshow.com for updates and changes. Due to Health and Safety Regulations, No Pets, except “service dogs” are allowed on any Boat Show Site (this includes small pets that fit in a carry bag). Baby strollers are prohibited on the docks. Outside food or beverages, including alcohol, are prohibited.
Courtesy of our friends at Discover Newport