The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority (RITBA) would like to provide the following update on construction activities for the Newport Pell and Mount Hope Bridges.
Newport Pell Bridge:
- RITBA will begin work on the bridge’s Jamestown approach, or the eastbound lanes just past the toll plaza, this week for two to three weeks.
- This will result in daily lane closures, including the eastbound Open Road Tolling (ORT) lane, from 9:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
- There will also be some night work on the bridge from8:00p.m.-5:30a.m., which will necessitate periodic lane closures.
Mount Hope Bridge:
- Construction on the Mount Hope is starting today and will last through late November or early December 2016.
- This will necessitate daily lane closures from 9:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
- There will also be some night work on the bridge in November from8:00p.m.-5:30a.m., which will necessitate periodic lane closures.
To get the latest on construction activity and real-time traffic, visit RITBA’s traffic site at RITBA.org. This site provides the latest information concerning lane closures, construction activity and traffic delays for the Newport Pell, Jamestown Verrazzano, Mount Hope and Sakonnet River Bridges, in addition to the RT. 138 Connector.