The Clarke Cooke House
Newport, RI Restaurants – Clarke Cooke House
The Clarke Cooke House is one of the few establishments in Newport that seems to always get everything right. Their professional staff is friendly, attractive and incredibly knowledgable! The food at The Cooke House, prepared by Chef Ted Gidley, is amazing and the sushi is by far the best in Rhode Island. On a busy weekend night The Clarke Cooke House isn’t really the easiest place to gain entry.However, one of the easiest ways to get past the velvet-rope door and beat the lines is to make dinner reservations and stay after you’ve finished your meal. The Cooke House is literally the ONLY establishment in town that knows how to run a door. Literally the ONLY one. And we at TheNewportBuzz LOVE this! So let us give you a few tips to make it a bit easier on you.
- Hey group of guys with no girls, don’t even try. It’s not happening for you.
- If you don’t get in then, no, the guys at the door don’t ‘know who you are’ so stop asking.
- Hello group of girls. Please step right up.
- Goodbye group of girls celebrating a bachelorette party and carrying a blowup doll. Move on there are much better options for you.
- Dress well, be nice and smile
Oh and if you’re looking for a great place to dance the Boom Boom Room in the basement is definitely one of Newport’s best dance spots.