Hey Philly, take a hike. You’re not welcome in Boston this week!!!
The Esplanade Association has enacted the following rule changes regarding the Park. The following items are now forbidden anywhere in the 3.5-mile stretch from the Museum of Science to the Boston University Bridge:
- Any Philadelphia sports apparel (Flyers, Phillies, 76ers, and Eagles included)
- Eagles (yes, even bald eagles)
- Cheesesteak sandwiches
- Cracked copper bells
- Soft Pretzels
- Philadelphia brand Cream Cheese (other brands of cream cheese permitted)
- Anything in the shade “Midnight Green”
- Will Smith and Sylvester Stallone
“We realized that appearing in a Super Bowl for only the third time – and first time since losing to the Patriots in 2005 – was disorienting for Philadelphia fans and that clarity on acceptable items to bring in our park should be offered,” said Michael Nichols, Executive Director of the Esplanade Association. “Given the Patriots are appearing in their record-extending 10th Super Bowl, we understand this information may not be needed by most park visitors.”
The Esplanade Association thanks the public for their cooperation with these temporary policy changes.
The ban will be in effect until the “Duck Boats return to Boston’s streets after Super Bowl LII.”