WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 PM EST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 7
* WHERE…Portions of northern Connecticut, central, eastern and
western Massachusetts and northern and southern Rhode Island.
* WHEN…From 7 PM this evening to 7 PM EST Tuesday.
* IMPACTS…Travel will be very difficult Monday night. The
hazardous conditions will impact the Tuesday morning commute.
Rising temperatures and lighter snow will result in road
conditions slowly improving Tuesday afternoon.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Snow overspreads Connecticut and western-
central Massachusetts between 7 pm and 10 pm, then 10 pm to 1 am
across Rhode Island. The heaviest snow and lowest visibility
occurs from late Monday evening into the overnight. Snow
continues to accumulate Tuesday, but at a lighter intensity.
Here are the parking bans, school closings and delays around Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts due to the impending blizzard.
Like Newport Buzz? We depend on the generosity of readers like you who support us, to help with our mission to keep you informed and entertained with local, independent news and content. We truly appreciate your trust and support!